May 5, 2013

Calling for SPRING!!!!

  It feels a bit like time is standing still. The same thing just about everyday...us indoors waiting on spring. I wish I could say that I'm just thrilled to death with endless spring cleaning for a spring that doesn't come, and that I'm just full of creative things for my littles to do - but I'm not. I couple of trips to the dollar tree have helped...lots of coloring books and bead kits and watercolors - but I just want to shout it out "SPRING...Where the Heck are you?!!!"
  So, we wait...and we thread beads (great fine motor skill therapy right here at home)...and we bake...and we clean...and we read and do puzzles - and then out of nowhere...
 A glimpse
  And so with the glimpse i plow full speed ahead...I pack of up the boots and the coats, head down to Lowes for some potted plants...
   I hang some beautifuls in the trees and let the kids play barefoot once again. I shuffle through my coupons and find some great deals for Popsicles....I jump to summer and leave spring completely behind. I fill up the kiddie pool and let the kids skip rocks in it and wear their bathing suits just for fun. And then...
  It snows. Back inside and I rearrange every room in the house. The couch is moved, shelves are moved...I get rid of at least five boxes of "extras" I find. I change Zac and my room around...and change Brady's room - every room.
    That's better. I think what I long for the most is just the change - staying inside can feel cozy for a bit, comfortable. But after a bit, I loathe the grayish walls and the wood floors and long for bright blue skies and grass beneath my feet. I crave berries and watermelon and fresh water with lemon...I crave the smell of food on the grill and the scent of the grass after the sprinkler has been on for a bit.
   I guess waiting is a good time to grow ....
 But I think for me, the growing would be a lot less hindered if the kids were outside playing with dirt and discovering earthworms and blowing bubbles. Yep - I'm absolutely positive.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...